Jacksonville Clinic seeks talented and passionate individuals. Please continue to check this page for opportunities to join our team!
Medical Assistant for Quality Department Opening!
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Summary: The Medical Assistant, as part of our Quality and Performance Improvement team, is responsible for auditing charts for quality measures documentation, patient compliance, assisting clinicians with MACRA, HEDIS gaps, data sharing and improving overall quality of care.
Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Reviewing the medical records to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Performing patients chart review utilizing MACRA and HEDIS technical specifications to optimize quality performance scores.
- Performing complete and accurate data entry of qualifying services and results into data registries and database software.
- Identifying and communicating patterns of missing documentation for the assessment of records.
- Supports all Quality and Performance Improvement related projects and prepares audit result reports.
- Prepares and implements training to medical assistants and office staff to review, monitor, and track gap listings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Performance Improvement.
- Must have an active medical assistant certification.
- High School diploma or Associates degree in a health-related field preferred.
- Must have prior working experience in a physician office setting primary care preferred.
- Prior experience working with data, reports.
- In depth knowledge and experience of medical terminology
- Extensive proficiency with online databases, Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of EHRs, eClinicalWorks experience preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be able to work with minimal supervision, and demonstrated team oriented approach.
- Must be professional, have a good work ethic, be a conscientious problem solver, and be results-oriented.
- Must be adaptable, detail oriented, willing to learn, and take personal pride in their work.
Compensation: TBD based on experience
Contact: Email your cover letter & resume to Walid Abdalla at email@example.com.
Certified Medical Assistant Opening!
Job Purpose: Helps patients by providing clinical and business office assistance in the offices and clinics of health care providers.
*Cardiology experience and/or Internal Medicine/Family Practice experience preferred
Looking for a Certified Medical Assistant for our Jacksonville locations**
Bilingual speaking candidate preferred but not required.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms.
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Must be able to assist front office with high volume calls and patient scheduling**
Skills/Qualifications: Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Inventory Control, Planning, Dependability, Medical Teamwork
Required experience: Certified Medical Assistant: 1 year
Compensation: TBD based on experience
Contact:Email your cover letter and resume to Ibrahim Aloustwani at firstname.lastname@example.org